Head Chef at University Arms
Salary: £60,000 per annum + Additional Tronc
Type: full time, permanent, head chef, kitchen
Main duties & responsibilities
As the Head chef at Parker’s Tavern , you will be responsible for managing the daily operations, ensuring that recipes are followed perfectly, supporting and developing members of your Brigade, whilst continually perfecting your own skills to ensure continued innovations in our offering. You will lead a creative and dynamic team who are responsible for delivering consistently high-quality food across breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner service. Exceptional scheduling and delegation skills are required to meet ordering and planning timelines which drive profitability and continuous improvement. As the leader of our kitchen team, you will support and develop every member of the team to work to a high standard, whilst continually perfecting your own skills to ensure regular and timely innovations in our offering. Success in this role will be clearly demonstrated by the results that your leadership delivers. This will be measured through guest feedback, compliance, budgetary control and team development.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Taking full ownership and accountability of Health and safety and food safety in the kitchens and associated areas;
- Providing direction and supervision to the kitchen team both chef’s and kitchen porters
- Supervising in the preparation of regular food items, daily specialities and other special functions (Banqueting Ensuring ordering of food purchases and stock control, ensuring that stock levels are in line with Company requirements;
- Instructing briefing and supervising the brigade in their daily tasks, assist them in their preparation of food;
- Ensure strong communication between Sous Chefs, junior sous chefs and Chef de Parties at all times, in particular ensuring special messages/requests are dealt with promptly;
- Check all food deliveries for quality, quantity and maintain close liaison with Purchasing Department;
- Prepare food requisitions in accordance with daily routine, taking into account advance planning, special bookings and staffing levels;
- Participate in Supervising and preparation of all food items in accordance with established recipes;
- Developing the team to ensure there is skills development and effective team working.
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
• Competitive salary
• 42.5-hour week
• Meals on duty
• Staff Incentives
• Pension Scheme
• 28 days paid leave (including bank holidays)
• On-going training & development
• Staff Discounts at Parker’s Tavern
• Room and F&B discounts at over 6,000 hotels of 30 renowned brands in 122 countries
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II 21 April 1926 – 8 September 2022
We, along with the rest of the nation, are mourning the loss of our longest reigning Monarch and pay homage to the inspirational individual, who has been selfless in her service to this country. Our deepest condolences to The Royal Family at this sad time.