We are incredibly excited that University Arms will reopen its doors on the 31st of July. While we may have been closed for the past few months, we have not been sitting idle.
WHAT WE WILL BE DOING - CLEANING AND HYGIENE
- Marriott mobile check in and out (although we still need your signature in person, and it’s nice to still say hello, even from a distance).
- Mobile Chat – let us know if you would like extra pillows, housekeeping service, extra soap, anything at all, and our responsive team will endeavour to support you.
- Mobile key – once you’ve checked in on the app, your phone becomes your key.
- In room guest directory – now all on the televisions.
- Restaurant menus – all available on your televisions or downloadable via QR codes.
- The hotel lobby will now feature some tasteful guidance barriers, to support social distancing when arriving, and when checking into the hotel.
- We have changed the layout in our public areas, including the restaurant, bar and Library to enable 1 metre plus distancing.
- Our elevators will be limited to one person or household per trip, and we would encourage guests staying on the 4th floor or lower to take the stairs where physically possible.
Personal Protective Equipment
- All of our team members will have PPE as part of their uniform, varying based on their job roles and responsibilities.
- Additional PPE, including amenities such as hand sanitiser and disinfecting wipes, will also be available for any of our guests, should they wish to use it.
- Welcome kit in all bedrooms, with a face mask, vinyl gloves and disinfectant wipes.
Food and Beverage
- Self-service buffets have been removed – both breakfast and conference and events will have alternative, served options.
- In room dining have been modified so that there is no contact between the guest and team member for delivery, our team members will also not enter your room.
- Alternatively, grab & go items will be available, with the same delicious Parker’s Tavern quality that you would expect.
- Dedicated waiters at the table.
- All tables and chairs are thoroughly disinfected and sanitized after each guest.
- Single use and digitalised menus used in all areas.
- Touch points on tables cleaned and disinfected.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
- Implemented deeper, more frequent cleaning of all areas of the property.
- High touch items such as switches and will be sanitised more regularly.
- Lavatories will be sanitised once an hour.
- Public sanitising stations are now visible in the property.
- Bedrooms will now be deep cleaned by our dedicated housekeeping team, and where possible, left for a minimum of 24 hours before another guest can enter.
- We will ask you, when we can clean your room, we will need to ensure you are out of the room for at least one hour, no team member will enter your rooms while you are there.
- Team members will need to wash their hands 3 times an hour while on shift, and before and after breaks.
- Subtle configuration changes in the bedrooms, you may notice some items are removed, such as robes, but these are all available and can be delivered to you.
- Enhancing our cleaning, with electro static technology.
- If you have a maintenance concern, the team will ask you to kindly leave the room so they can fix the issue without the risk of contact with you.